Saturday, July 15

King Fili

I don't remember if I've posted Fili as king before or not. I know that I've drawn him before but Photoshop crashed and I lost the picture. Only had a rough sketch left. I don't think that I did it again back then. But I did another one today. I'm trying to draw as much as possible at the moment because I have a lot of time and I'm not feeling so well.
Anyway, I've always wanted to draw Fili as King under the Mountain. Even though I really don't like the crown they designed for the movie. It looks so futuristic. Like it's part of a space suit.
When I read The Hobbit I was pretty frustrated about the fact that Dain became the new king. I know I should accept the story as at is, especially as a big fan of Tolkien's work, but it just feels like other characters deserve it more, because they did far more. Maybe not Fili (I wish he could be king, because he's my favourite, though), but Dwalin and Balin in particular.